Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WORK!!!!

So the liquidation process is going fairly well. They decided to take me off the sales floor and put me as a fixture selling associate. Well its going well all but the fixtures are not going anywhere. The liquidator "Steve" well he kinda sets the prices of the fixtures, well no one is buying them because they are too high priced. But yet he tells me and the other guy I am working with "Brian" that we really need to get on our game and start selling the fixtures. But he wont let us knock the prices down. I mean yeah he does say "work a deal with them" well honestly I really dont think that the deal I work with them is probably the deal he would like, but I look at it as if they are going to buy it for my deal its less for us to have to worry about. I mean I don't GIVE it to them but I think that they are getting a pretty good deal.
Our fixture area is a complete disaster but we have no room for the fixtures and I get in trouble because I am standing around talking, (what can I say I am a social butterfly) and Steve says "If you have nothing to do then you could go and make the fixture area shoppable!" Well the only problem is WE HAVE NO ROOM!!!!!! They just keep bringing these huge fixtures back to us and we have to cram them into a spot it will fit well then you can't get around to see the other fixtures. UGH!!!! What did I get myself into? I really enjoy it but at the same time, Steve comes off as a jerk. He seems like he expects you to know everything and then when I tell him I am sorry for bothering him, he says "your not a bother." Unfortunatly he makes me feel that way, or the fact that he words things so it sounds like you are stupid or something. I dont know. I guess you could say I am a little intimidated. I am frusterated too!!!! Oh well that is life, he is going to walk away from this with a job and us without one.

1 comment:

Jenny Goretsky said...

I'm sorry it's so sucky right now! That Steve guy sounds like a real treat to work with! Maybe your last day you should tell him what a jerk he is and how you don't win friends that way. What are they going to do, fire you!!!!